Red Rabbit is a mission based food service company committed to providing healthy food for kids. We serve thousands of families at close to 100 locations throughout NYC. Parents and schools trust us to provide their children with nutritious, well balanced meals prepared with the best ingredients. We maintain sustainable business practices, source our ingredients from local vendors whenever possible, and actively strive to reduce our environmental impact.
The Program Development Coordinator will work directly with other members of the Red Rabbit team as we build a 21st century food service company. We seek a team player who shares our passion for nutritious kids food, is willing to work hard, and wants to be a part of changing the food landscape in this country. This individual will play a critical role as the external “face” of the organization, serving as the key contact to her/his assigned school partners and prospective new customers. The position is multifaceted and fast paced and focused on relationship building and working closely with internal team members and school sites to strategically manage their relationship with Red Rabbit and provide high quality programming and execution.
- Work with school partners to ensure a positive working relationship between assigned school partners and Red Rabbit – assess needs, provide information or assistance, resolve problems and manage expectations.
- Develop solid internal and external relationships.
- Conduct site visits with programs, coordinate opportunities for engagement with the school, its staff and students.
- Work with team members to maintain meal participation and coordinate nutrition education activities.
- Collaborate with other Red Rabbit teams to enhance Administrator, Parent and Student experiences.
- Execute and ensure overall program needs are met, while being respectful to the internal operations of Red Rabbit.
- Managing lead generation and facilitating discovery calls with potential new business opportunities.
- Facilitate sales cycle process with contract and program launch information flow between new Red Rabbit Partners and internal departments.
- Represent Red Rabbit and present detailed information on Red Rabbit operations and services at meetings, conferences, industry events and other key business development functions.
- Collaborate with Director in executing sales strategy and meeting sales goals --consistent with the vision and strategic plan of the company.
- Availability for occasional weekends and evenings.
- Miscellaneous projects to help support company growth and expansion efforts.
Skills Used in This Job
- Excellent verbal and oral communication
- Work well independently and in a team
- Ability to organize, prioritize assignments and manage multiple projects simultaneously under pressure
- Strong time management
- Willingness to learn
- Exceeding expectations and commitment to providing high quality customer service
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to be part of a growing company where systems and processes are still being developed
- Goal driven
- Computer Literate
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 + years of customer service, utilizing strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain long-term internal and external customer relationships and build trust
- 2 + years of Microsoft Office applications, internet research ability and familiarity with CRM software (salesforce.com)
- Experience in the culinary industry and/or a passion for nutrition and health
- Valid driver’s license
Type: Full time.
Typical hours: Monday - Friday - approximately 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM - On occasion, late or weekend work may be necessary
Reports to: Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Red Rabbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.
If you are a match for our position, we want to hear from you! For consideration, please APPLY NOW! We look forward to hearing from you!